Monday, May 6, 2019

Do nice guys HAVE to finish last


A fun little side not this is my first poem that goes ABABAB, CDCDCD, EFEFEF. For those of you who don't speak poetry lingo, that means that the end of every single line in each verse/stanza rhymes with every other line in that stanza. You'll get the idea.

BREAKING FREE
I’ve heard that “good things come,
To those who wait.”
Does that mean just have fun
And procrastinate?
Don’t get things done,
Just trust in fate?

I’ve done that for,
A lot of my life
It can be kind of a bore,
I don’t mean to cause strife
I don’t want to wage war,
or stress 'bout a wife

But I’m though with that,
I don’t want to wait
taking off my patience hat,
I can’t just anticipate 
waiting for “my turn at bat”
And wishing for a true mate.

It’s time for me to go outside
And show 'em what I can do,
I’ve got an advocate by my side
Cuz I'M a person too,
You're welcome to join me on this ride
Cuz I'll be seeing you


No comments:

Post a Comment