Thursday, July 11, 2013

My new vice

There has been a change in my life.  This change is still ongoing but it began on June 28th even though some would argue that it TRULY began on July 5th. While I enjoy writing fiction most of my poems relate to real life and this poem is no different.I wrote this poem on the morning of July 9th.



LYMIE
This poem has a theme,
You’ll see what I mean,
If you read it in all entirely
I am sure that you will see.

*You may have to look,
a bit between the lines,
But just like any good book,
You won’t get left behind.

What’s the theme of this poem,
It will be what it will be,
It’s more tangible than foam,
I promise you verily.

Though the pattern and meter may change,
The theme is there constantly,
No letters to rearrange,
No codes without a key.

The theme is indescribable,
Each one seems to vary,
It’s not a toy or ball,
There one I like more than any.

It’s alive and can move,
Everything about it is quite lively,
It has nothing to prove,
It is what it has to be.

It’s smart, it is bold,
And it’s very lovely,
It quite pleasurable to hold,
The theme coming from me


*The theme does not appear in the second stanza. (To uncover the theme of this poem try and think of something that rhymes with the second rhyming word of every stanza, except the second one, that matches the descriptions I gave If you are still clueless unscramble the title.)
END.




f you don't get it feel free to ask me.   The title would argue that our relationship began on July 5th because that was the first time it was only she and I.  Before that it was her, my younger brother, her son and I.  Our next "date" in her eyes is tomorrow. I would argue that we have been on 5 dates wirh our 6th date tomorrow. Our first date on the June 28th where my mom set us up to meet at a barbeque. Our second on July 4th when we went to a parade (my brother, me, her, her son one of her friends and her son's friend). Our third on July 5th when we went to a movie and dinner together ( Just me and her. we saw "This Is The End" it had it's moment but I would rent it instead of going to the theaters or go to the dollars).  Our fourth date on 9th (she, her friend, her son and I went to see "The Croods"). And our fifth date, yesterday, we went bowling and out to dinner. (Me, my brother, her and her son. Both dinners we had hamburgers, we were going to get pizza yesterday, but the pizza place we went to lost it's power a minute or two after we sat down, the restaurant gave us coupons as apology).And then our sixth date will be tomorrow, (we are going to a deaf night out event at the bar I will have to be her translator as long as I catch it, though I've taken ASL I-IV I am not, by any means, fluent in American Sign Language).

No comments:

Post a Comment