Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Music as the written word.


MAESTRO IF YOU PLEASE (PART ONE)
            Thinking today I realized that I was wrong when I informed you that “The Dinosaur” is the only one of my poems I have memorized.  However, I do think it’s the only poem I’ve memorized that isn’t set to music. I have written a few short songs (that aren’t well known songs slightly altered) and I remember all the words to two of them. The first one I’m going to share with you isn’t entirely mine. I think it might have been delivered by a higher power. I know, almost everything comes from God or whatever you believe in, but this one was a bit different. It came entirely written and with the music already in it.  I’m not certain that it is my own work.  If you ask nicely I might sing it to you sometime.  The only thing this song doesn’t have is a title.

Here we go into the night,
Friendly angels in our flight,
Helping others throughout the land,
We hold the world in our hand.

We come to you when you need us most,
Some regard us as a gho-ost.

Angels forever, that’s what we are,
Helping others near and far

            Next time I will be posting an unfinished song I wrote about my vacation to Alaska.

No comments:

Post a Comment