Monday, February 27, 2012

A New Funk


A NEW FUNK
(This will be my third poem of this kind)
There are many reasons to get in a funk,
I’ve experienced several of them,
If you misplace some priceless “junk,
Or have to do homework again.

If you have too much time alone,
And the place is silent as silent can be,
There’s no one to talk to on the phone,
Being cheerful isn’t always easy.

In the past I’ve often bemoaned,
My lack of a girlfriend,
My lack of ways to leave “home”
Feeling like I’ve hit a dead end.

My transportation is still limited,
I’m still terribly single, you know it’s true,
So now that you know what I’ve said,
In the title I promised you something new.

I have some spending money,
It’s in my pocket right now,
But the problem is you see,
In the bank I’m quite broke, know how?

It may be the bills are quite high,
It’s still the winter you know,
It may be that I had tons to buy,
Either way I’m in a state of woe.

The month is nearly done,
So I will have more money soon,
But being broke is not fun,
(I finished this poem around noon).

2 comments: